Available vacancy: Hospital Discharge Administrator/Adviser
Location: Milton Keynes CCG Office, but will be required to work from Milton Keynes University Hospital, with possible travel to other locations across Milton Keynes
Hours: 40hrs per week – Monday-Friday
Up to 12 months maternity cover, with potential to become permanent
Interested in working in Hospital Discharge? Do you own your own car and hold a full current driving licence?
We will need you to undergo an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
CHS Healthcare/Carehome Selection has been a trusted provider to the NHS since 1995 and we pride ourselves on being a successful, dynamic and growing company. We are the largest independent Care Coordinator in the UK, with a large and ever-growing portfolio of work/contracts with the NHS. We have built a reputation as a trusted patient focused service provider specialising in supporting hospital discharge pathways. This includes care coordination for patients under the Discharge to Assess pathway, and the sourcing of suitable care homes or packages of care for clients leaving hospital.
About the role
You will be working closely with hospital discharge teams in a varied role:
- Sourcing both short term and long-term care home placements/packages of care for clients working towards a quick, safe and correct discharge plan for patients.
- Sourcing care to cater for a variety of needs, including complex physical disabilities, challenging behaviour and mental health.
- Liaising with care homes, care agencies, senior health and social care staff, patients and their families.
- Meeting and working with families, often at a great time of stress. You will need to work with them in a sensitive and empathetic way.
- Sharing updates and acting as the link between services and service users. This is vital to the successful delivery of a high-quality service whilst ensuring discharge happens within set timescales.
- Visiting care homes and building relationships with home managers and their teams.
- Working across multiple locations.
- Participating in hospital tracking/stranded/super stranded meetings.
- Building knowledge of the NHS in order to understand the pressures and importance of timely discharges.
- Required to use your own car.
Key skills required:
- Highly driven / motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to adapt your approach to suit a diverse audience.
- Administration – you must take pride in the quality of your work and protect the sensitive data you will be handling / exposed to.
- High attention to detail.
- Confident user of systems/databases/Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organisation / time management.
- Problem solver / able to use own initiative / ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Able to work in challenging environments.
- Natural multitasker and ability to prioritise workload.
- Proactive rather than responsive.
- Confident in managing complex queries / situations.
- Calm under pressure.
- Keen to exceed expectations / targets.
- Able to follow processes.
- Forward thinking with a persuasive and positive, can-do manner.
- Desire to learn and develop through feedback.
- A genuine team player.
In return you will be given the opportunity to work in a company that has in place an unyielding five-year business plan, CHS Healthcare can offer you career progression and ongoing training to attain your ambitions. We look for highly motivated individuals who have a genuine desire to build long lasting relationships with a passion to succeed; we at CHS Healthcare look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy would be of interest to job seekers searching for the following vacancies: Customer Services, Hospitality, Coordination, Senior Banking, Senior Administration, Recruitment
Please send your CV to: Maxine O’Neill firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your mobile number on your CV as you will be sent a text if you are shortlisted to take part in a structured competency based telephone interview Closing Date for applications is 18th July 2019
Face to Face interviews will be held on 29th July 2019
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to candidates who are not shortlisted. Please therefore assume your application is unsuccessful if we have not contacted you three weeks following the closing date.