In November 2020, the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) released the report, “Continuing Healthcare: Getting it right first time”. The report identified failings in care and support planning and communication with families and patients, as well as failings in reviewing previously unassessed periods of care. It made a series of recommendations to strengthen CHC reviews and assessments moving forward.
It’s critical that there is capacity and skill within the workforce to address ongoing and retrospective reviews and enact the PHSO’s recommendations. Join our webinar to hear from leaders in the area on how we can ensure these measures are in place.
We’ll address the following questions:
- How are organisations developing staff skills for CHC?
- How are organisations ensuring they have capacity to address ongoing and retrospective reviews?
- What support is required from NHS England?
- How will the transition to ICSs impact the management and delivery of CHC reviews?
Speakers will include:
- Yvonne Le Brun, CHC Consultant, Waite Atkins Ltd
- Jill Mason, Partner and Head of Health & Care, Mills and Reeve
The session will be facilitated by: Harry Bourton, National CHC Operations Manager, CHS Healthcare.